Creating a coherent brand strategy, via a rigorous process, to ensure deep understanding of the customer journey.
A global brand team approaching the launch of a new formulation and device of an existing brand needed to create a coherent and compelling brand strategy with limited resources.
What we did
- Reviewed the existing brand strategy, recommending a core story flow based on answering 5 key strategic questions
- Synthesised their existing information to create an insightful customer journey and a set of customer behaviour change needs across multiple customer types (patient, pulmonologist and payer)
- Supported and challenged the global team together with the markets to identify the key knowledge gaps and important actions that would drive launch success
- Guided the team to agree on the patient segmentation that would clearly position the brand and help tell the brand story
- Facilitated the team to ensure clear differentiation vs existing and other future treatments
A simple and coherent brand strategy based on deep customer understanding within a complex decision making environment, clear positioning and differentiation and clarity about the required customer behaviour changes.