12th March, 2019
Digital Health Congress 2018 - learnings and implications
An ever increasing ageing population, continued improvements in drug treatment and increasing expectations of healthcare continues to drive demand for healthcare services.
This demand is growing much faster than supply and is not helped by a shortage of HCPs, and ineffective use of resources.
We recently attended an inspiring conference in London which focused on how digital enabled technology is starting to provide solutions that bridge the gap between demand and supply.
What emerged for us was 7 key themes:
- Making healthcare more accessible
- The emergence of patient as consumer
- Blending human and technology intervention
- Open health records
- Advances in surgical outcomes
- The future of mental health care
- Digitization of the UK National Health Service (NHS)
These all have the potential to transform the future world of healthcare.
To find out more about what we learned, the companies and technology behind the trends, view or download the report below: